cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display custom validation messages for the required fields

Hi,

How to show custom validation message for required field (sharepoint).By default for required fields the validation message will be: "An entry is required or has an invalid value.please correct and try again".how can i change this message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this had already been pointed out, but you need to replace the semicolons in that formula with commas. Then it will work.

If(IsBlank(Parent.Error), "", "Your custom error message")

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Swetha,

If you mean this error message place:

Capture.PNG

Then I'm afaid that this cannot be customized in PowerApps so far. The error code that can be used in formulas to help resolve the error:

Capture.PNG

For more information, please refer to:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-errors/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mona,

Thanks for  your response.I mean the same which you are referring to .So, there is no option  to customize the default validation message in power apps.

I need one more clarification .can Power apps has the ability to show more than one browse screen and Edit screen of different list of same sharepoint site??

My scenario is : I have 2 buttons View  and Add ,on details screen of  1st list.If i click on View it will navigate to a screen where 2nd list's items(filter will be applied based on user id)  will  be displayed. If i click on Add it will  navigate to another screen,where a New Form of  2nd lists's will  be opened to add item to dat list. Is this possible in power apps??Please assist me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Swetha,

I'm no expert but I believe I'm doing what you're trying to do at the moment.

I've got 2 SharePoint lists working as Parent/Child lists. I have a gallery for my parent list and within the Form for the Parent item I have a gallery for the child list.

In my case an Order is the parent and the list of products ordered within that order is the child.

Hi Swetha,

I just stumbled upon the same problem. You can fix this by giving the ErrorMessage text field this value for "Text"

If(IsBlank(Parent.Error); ""; "Your custom error message")

But you will need to apply this to every Error Message Text field - this is unfortunately not a global option...

i'm having the same error. "An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again ". Due to this error i'm unable save my records. could you help me how to resololve this error. unable to figureout since weeks.

Thanks

MK

This is what I'm using and it worked :). Hope this help!

If(Parent.Error="An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again.","Please enter....","")
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe this had already been pointed out, but you need to replace the semicolons in that formula with commas. Then it will work.

If(IsBlank(Parent.Error), "", "Your custom error message")

Thank you!  This did the trick for me.

Is this still the case in 2019? or do we still have to use that workaround?  There still seems to be no way to set the Parent.Error message without using the workaround stated in this thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,478)