cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Display data from second table based on data from first table.

Hi,

I am a beginner in PowerApps. I have two excel tables, Catalouge and AssetsMaster. Both the tables have one column in common, "CatID" which is a primary Key. I created a Vertical gallery with edit and view screens. If I click on first gallery item, it directs me to view screen where I can see the Asset name and CatID. Based on this ID, I should also see the data with the same CatID from the second table. For example, if the view screen displays CatID 1 from the first table, it also must display all the devices associated with the same CatID in the second table. I also created a separate browsing vertical gallery for second table which lists all the devices with view and edit screens. How do I set this navigation or display few items from the table with same ID and link these two galleries. 

If View Asset Category has asset name "Docking Stations" and CatID "1", there should be some navigation to display

only devices with CatID "1" on 'NNQI Assets details' screen. 'NNQI Assets Details' is linked to 'AssetsMaster table' and Catalouge is linked to 'Catalouge table'.  Attached are images. Please help.

ViewAssetsCategory.jpgFirst Gallery: CatalogueListFirst Gallery: CatalogueListSecond Gallery: AssetMasterListSecond Gallery: AssetMasterList

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Thusara,

like @Captjoemcd mentioned the filtering of galleries lies in the Items part of the Gallery settings.
I think I understand what you try to accomplish and shouldn't be to hard.
Could you post the Items settings of your current Galleries so that I can have a look at them?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi,

I applied both the suggestions and could fix the navigation.

I set Filter formula that @Captjoemcd mentioned in the items part of second gallery and the navigation works. 

AssetMasterListItems.jpg

Thank you so much for your support. 🙂

Regards,

Thushara

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Could someone please help me resolve this issue. This is a little urgent and I am unable to create the navigation.
Highlighted

I'm having a little trouble following exactly what you're going for, but the items for the second table need to be set using a filter function.  In the formula for items of the second table, you'll use something like: 

Filter(DataSource, CatID = FirstGallery.Selected.CatID)

This will filter the second table to only those items whose CatID matches that of the selected record in the first Gallery

Highlighted

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

How to do I combine Filter function with Navigate function. I created a button on the View Asset Category screen. If I click the button I must navigate to NNQI Asset Details screen and only see the records for 'Docking Station' with CatID1. This action must be based on the CatID in the first table - View Asset Category Screen. If  the CatID in View Asset Category shows '2', I must see devices with CatID 2 but not 'Docking Station'. How can I make this happen with button click and combine both navigate and filter functions.

Regards,

Thushara

Highlighted

Hi Thusara,

like @Captjoemcd mentioned the filtering of galleries lies in the Items part of the Gallery settings.
I think I understand what you try to accomplish and shouldn't be to hard.
Could you post the Items settings of your current Galleries so that I can have a look at them?

Highlighted

Hi,

I applied both the suggestions and could fix the navigation.

I set Filter formula that @Captjoemcd mentioned in the items part of second gallery and the navigation works. 

AssetMasterListItems.jpg

Thank you so much for your support. 🙂

Regards,

Thushara

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,515)