cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaGue
Resolver I
Resolver I

Display error with vertical gallery

Hello, I have built a menu consisting of two levels, each with a gallery.

galMenuVertical
   galSubMenuVertical
      btnClickSubMenuVertical
      lblSubMenuVertical
      btnClickMenuVertical
   lblMenuVertical
   icoMenuVertical

Very strange, sometimes a vetical scrollbar appears.

The display problem seems to be triggered by expanding the menu. If I click on each menu item once after expanding the menu and then move the mouse over "Sub 1" to correct the display errors, the error no longer occurs. If I close the menu and expand it again, the error is there again (see animation).

PowerAppsMenu_2.gif

What I have tested:

• Disable the scrollbar in the advanced properties of the gallery. Then the submenu, like in the animation above, is not complete. Only "sub 1" will be showed, not "sub 1" + "sub 2".
  • I have checked it in 3 browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome). All show the same error, which means the cause is not browser specific.
  • It looks like there is a linebrake at the end of the submenu items. I tried to remove it with but had no success.
Substitute(ThisItem.SubMenuLabel,Char(10),",")

Any other ideas?

Thanks an best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaGue
Resolver I
Resolver I

The problem is understandable if you know the internal processes better. In my app, some calculations are performed to determine the dimensions of the menu.

What is the cause of the rendering error?

• The rendering of the gallery is faster than the calculation of the formulas is.

Why is the rendering error gone when all menu items are clicked once?

• After everything has been clicked once, the calculation results are already available and do not need to be done again. I.e. the rendering is correct, because the calculations are already available.

How to solve the problem?

• In both galleries you change "DelayItemLoading" to true.
  • In the gallery of the submenu deactivate the scrollbar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MichaGue
Resolver I
Resolver I

The problem is understandable if you know the internal processes better. In my app, some calculations are performed to determine the dimensions of the menu.

What is the cause of the rendering error?

• The rendering of the gallery is faster than the calculation of the formulas is.

Why is the rendering error gone when all menu items are clicked once?

• After everything has been clicked once, the calculation results are already available and do not need to be done again. I.e. the rendering is correct, because the calculations are already available.

How to solve the problem?

• In both galleries you change "DelayItemLoading" to true.
  • In the gallery of the submenu deactivate the scrollbar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,273)