Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederik_Rier
Helper I
Helper I

Display images from SharePoint in PowerApps

Hello all,

I am currently trying to implement the following:

I want to make an app where all possible skills are listed. The skills should be displayed in PowerApps within a gallery and a specific image should be displayed for each skill. At the moment it looks like this:

PowerApps Communit.jpg

How do I make it so that I can store a picture for each skill ?

Which conditions must be fulfilled ?

I have included the SharePoint data via Gallery.

Thank you very much for your support

Frederik

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Frederik_Rier 

You had this exact same post in this thread a week ago.

You accepted @WarrenBelz solution to your question...are you still having an issue?  Your new post is worded exactly the same as the last - there is nothing new added.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes
joeinmay
Resolver II
Resolver II

Step1: Create a document library in the SharePoint and upload all the necessary images and also some columns to recognize the images eg. Skill type

Step 2: On your PowerApp add this SP library connection

Step 3: On Load or maybe a button click load the document library into a collection: (ClearCollect(colPics,AddColumns(ShowColumns(DocumentLibrary,"ID","{Link}","{Thumbnail}","{Name}","Description0"),"pic",'{Thumbnail}'.Small)))

Step 4: On your Gallery fields use lookup to display the image based on the selected skill set.

Hope this help!!

Hi @RandyHayes

thank you very much for your quick feedback.

The post from @WarrenBelz was very good. However, I am not quite sure if the procedures mentioned fit my requirement correctly.

I also tried compressing the images as Warren described, however it did not work as I thought it would.

I am also not quite sure which procedures in Warren's description belong to which variants.

Here are the flows I created:

Compose imagesCompose imagesBase64ToBinary ProcessingBase64ToBinary Processing

I understood it to mean uploading an image to OneDrive for Business --> then applying the formula and then uploading the modified image to the appropriate library in SharePoint and deleting the original image in OneDrive for Business. Unfortunately, this procedure does not work for me. I get the following error:

Bilder komprimieren Flow3.jpg

Why doesn't the flow work? What exactly have I done wrong?

Best Regards!

Frederik 

Hello @joeinmay ,

Thank you very much for your help.

I'll try the procedure you suggested tomorrow.

Many greetings
Frederik 

Hello @joeinmay,

I tried to display the images as you described.

The skills are described in the SP list "Skillsets". The SharePoint list looks like this:

Lookup3.jpg

Then I created a document library and named it "Skillset_Libary". There I created an entry with a picture. The document library now looks like this:

Lookup2.jpg
Afterwards I tried to include the entry with picture via lookup in "Skillsets". Unfortunately, I could not select the column "Type" in the lookup and therefore the picture is not displayed.

Lookup.jpg

Did I do something wrong here?

Many greetings
Frederik

joeinmay
Resolver II
Resolver II

Have you uploaded the images into the document library?

In the powerapps you can reference the images as thumbnail or link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,961)