cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaunloureiro
Helper I
Helper I

Display list item Only if there isn't a matching ID in the list.

Hi

So i have a display page that shows server status. The list is pulling from a SharePoint data list. There are two types of options in the list. A "Problem" and "Resolved". Each problem item has an ID and the same goes for the Resolved.  So if a problem is added to the list it will have the ID of "1234" and once the resolved for that problem comes in it also contains the same ID "1234". Its just saying that the Problem has been resolved.

Now i don't want to have every single problem and solution showing. How would i go about showing only the problems from the list if the problem hasn't been resolved. So pretty much "How would i display the problems that don't have a matching ID?"

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
PowerAddict
Super User II
Super User II

Are resolved and problem two separate entities or are they just 2 fields in the same entity?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Yes they are two separate entries in the Sharepoint list. So the problem will always come before the resolved comes in. So i want to show the problem and when the solution comes into the list with the same matching ID, i want the problem to not be show. I attached an image. The problem ID is what i want to check.

So your gallery of Problems should have the following items property

Filter(Problems, IsBlank(Lookup(Resolutions, Problem_ID = Problem_ID)

Replace the first Problem_ID with the column name for Problem in your Resolution entity and it should work for you. Let me know if it doesn't with the error you see so I cam help you get to the right answer.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Thank you for the quick response!

I have added another screenshot with a bit more information showing. The Problem and Resolved items come into the same list.

So if there is any items in the list that have the same Problem_ID then they must not be shown.

Got it.

Change your items property of the Problems entity to something like this:

Filter(Problems, IsBlank(Lookup(Problems, Problem_ID = Problem_ID && StartsWith(Subject, "Resolved"))))

Let me know if it doesn't work and the error you get.

---

Hardit(Haman)

I think that might have done it!!

Thank you so much for your help! 🙂 I need to do some testing now to check that it all works properly.

Thanks again!

Awesome, glad I could help! If my reply solved your problem, please give kudos and accept it as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

@PowerAddict Unfortunately i am still getting some errors and it isn't working as expected. The list keep showing a random amount of items from the list. I have added some screen shots. 😞

shaunloureiro
Helper I
Helper I

Anyone got any ideas on how to make this work please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,595)