cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesfisher
Frequent Visitor

Display multiple SQL tables in one table ready for export

Hello everyone,

My PowerApp is linked to a number of SQL tables, which cover customer, financial, approval and sponsor details etc. All of which have a customer number ID in each table to link them. The information is manually entered within the app and the subsequent tables above update on submit

I am trying to figure out how to display the tables alongside one another in a master view where the data can be reviewed before exporting to Excel. What is the best way to do this? I've provisionally built the flow to create the Excel file and store it in SharePoint but I just can't figure out the summary table view because of the different tables.

One other thing, there is a status column, which has a number of stages but it is when it gets to 'ready for export' that I want the summary table filtered to

Tables.png

I can provide anymore information if required

Appreciate any help/guidance

3 REPLIES 3
jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Can you create a view in SQL? If you can, you can pull that view and show it in a gallery, for exemple.

Regards. JD.

SQL isn't really my strong point to successfully achieve this so wondering if it can be done using collections or something similar. I just don't quite know how to get started to display this on its own screen 

jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

I you can setup a gallery and point its Items to the Customer Table. In that gallery you can lookup the othe tables:

Lookup(FinancialTable, CustomerID = ThisItem.ID ).TheColumnYouWant

You can also collect the tables so you don't have to lookup an external source in your gallery. You can do this OnStart, for example: Collect(colFinancial, Financial). The the label in the gallery would be Lookup(colFinancial, CustomerID = ThisItem.ID ).TheColumnYouWant

Regards. JD.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,344)