Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pakalolo13
Helper I
Helper I

Display my form as test after it is completed

Greetings all, 

I am working on what I thought was a very simple app so i decided to tackle on my own. I have been successful up to the second page of my app. 

Welcome page - Displays a logo and has a start button which moves to input page and ensures form is blank

Input Page- is form based on a SharePoint list to give the selections, has a send button

Output screen - This is where i am stuck

•  I would like to output screen to display the inputs on form one in just a read only text view. 
  • I tried to make this happen when send button on input page was pressed
  • Is it possible to create a "madlibs" type of field on Output page where i could standardize the text and add the various form references in certain spots. IE - "On" datacard1value or title of the card which is Date, datacard2value or plant, "sustained a" datacard3value or type of loss.... etc.
  • Last would be to send a notification to various people or groups with my organization (they dont want emails) with a push notification through the app or a SMS message.

This is my first app and the first two pages up to completing the form work fine. I can also navigate to Output screen but that is where I get stuck. 

Any help is appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pakalolo13 

On your "Output" screen, you can reference any of the values from the "Input" screen form using the following:

Formx.Updates.column

Replace Formx with the name of your Form on the "Input" screen and the column, with the name of the column in your data record on that form that you want to use.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
pakalolo13
Helper I
Helper I

Do i need to "Insert" an item to do this. I went to Output screen (currently it is blank), added the formula and nothing appeared. 

Input screen

pakalolo13_0-1607115342302.png

Desired Output screen

the Italizised text are label from Inputscreen form1

On "Time of Event", "Plant "sustained a " Type of Loss" which resulted in "Amount of Loss"

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pakalolo13 

I am not sure exactly what you want on the "Output" screen, but as a simple example, add a Label to the "Output" screen and set the Text property to Formx.Updates.'Unit ID' (replace names as needed)

This should show you at least what is in that form on that screen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

This works for Unit ID as you described. It isnt working for Plant, which is a dropdown selection on Inputscreen form1, which the error shows is a record and not a text value. Can i make your method work for these "records"?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pakalolo13 

If Unit ID is a Choice column in your DataSource, then you simply need to refer to the Value of the record of the Choice.  Form1.Updates.UnitID.Value

pakalolo13
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @RandyHayes all your comments to this point have been extremely helpful. I was able to get this to work. I would like to share a few screen shots and see if you can help with the next portion as well. I now have three screens as shown below. The end of this app would be to send the output screen as a push notification to anyone selected in my organization. I have created a "Send" button and started the push notifications code but have a few problems. 

• How to get the recipients to be a choice based on my Office 365 contacts as the "Person Reporting Loss" field does in the Input Screen. The data source is a sharepoint list where "person reporting loss " column is a person or group type
  • Send the actual push notification through the app as an app notification to these people selected

Output ScreenOutput ScreenInput ScreenInput ScreenWelcome ScreenWelcome Screen

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@pakalolo13 

So sorry for delay...trying to catch up on all the posts.  Are you still experiencing issues that you need help with?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,587)