cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Display popup message when selected date falls within a specific weekday date range

Hi, 

I'm new to PA and trying to figure out how to calculate a date range, only for week days (Monday-Friday), so that specific messages popup for the user when they are completing a form.

I have 3 messages, each to appear on different date selections.

Message (1) when the user selects a date that falls within the next 4 working days - from now to 4th working day incl.

Message (2) when the user selects a date which is greater than 4 working days but less than 10 days, from today's date - day 5 to day 9 incl.

Message (3) when the user selects a date which is greater than 15 working days, from today's date - day 15 incl.

Here is my logic for each popup message...

#Message 1

If(
DataCardValue15 >= Weekday(Today()),true,false)

And

If(DataCardValue15 <= Weekday(Today() + 4),true,false)

#Message 2

If(DataCardValue15>=Weekday(Today()+5),true,false)

And

If(DataCardValue15<=Weekday(Today()+14),true,false)

#Messasge 3

If(DataCardValue15>=Weekday(Today()+15),true,false)

I'm struggling to calculate the range for the weekdays. the above doesn't seem to be working.

Grateful for any help/advice.

Thanks,

Syed

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Display popup message when selected date falls within a specific weekday date range

This is what I cam up with. It's a little overkill, and there may be an easier way, but this will expose you to some cool tricks in PowerApps. First we'll set up a loop collection so we can loop through and create a collection of days after the selected date. This can go in your App's OnStart property.

ClearCollect(Loop,
{Index:0},
{Index:1},
{Index:2},
{Index:3},
{Index:4},
{Index:5},
{Index:6},
{Index:7},
{Index:8},
{Index:9},
{Index:10},
{Index:11},
{Index:12},
{Index:13},
{Index:14},
{Index:15},
{Index:16},
{Index:17},
{Index:18},
{Index:19},
{Index:20});

Next, we'll create the actual collection we'll use to verify the number of weekdays between two dates.

Clear(DateIndexLoopResult);
ForAll(Loop,Collect(DateIndexLoopResult,{ResultIndex:Index,Weekdays:If(Weekday(DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,Index),Saturday)<=2,0,1),Date: DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,Index)}));

Forall() is going to loop through our Loop collection (which is just index numbers) and build a collection of 20 days from your selected date with columns for Date and a 1 or 0 corresponding to whether it's a weekday.
Then, we'll set a variable equal to the number of weekdays between two dates. For your example, you can create 3, one for 0-4, one for 4-9, etc..

Set(WeekdaySum,Sum(Filter(DateIndexLoopResult,Date>=DatePicker1.SelectedDate,Date<=DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,5,Days)),Weekdays))

All of this can be copied and pasted into a DatePicker's OnChange property as well.

I know this is a lot, so if you have any question, just let me know!

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Display popup message when selected date falls within a specific weekday date range

Thanks @EricLott, I'll try this out and let you know how it goes. I will have questions for sure 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,151)