cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grhaberer
Level: Powered On

Display "person or group" picture

I am trying to display the picture for a "Person or Group" in my app and have run into a couple issues.  The Person or Group data is sourced from a SharePoint list field of that datatype.

Image [fx] = ThisItem.lv9b.Picture (no idea why the Person or Group SharePoint field named "Lead" got coded as "lv9b" but thats for another day...)

(1) The picture displays properly when I run preview or run the app in Dynamics 365 in a Chrome browser but does not appear in a mobile app (iOS and Windows both tested).  I created a link to open an email when clicking the image and this works everywhere, but the image simply does not display in mobile.

Preview (image displays but I intentionally hide it here bc it is of a person):

Screenshot1.JPG

Mobile (nothing displayed):

Screenshot1.JPGerror1.png

(2) The image displayed is pretty low quality - basically only usable as a thumbnail sized image.  If I try to make it bigger, it is highly pixelated.  However, when I view the People or Group pictures in SharePoint, they are high resolution.

Is there anything that I can do to fix the mobile is and/or pull higher resolution pictures from the data source?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps Staff claudiosvcc
Power Apps Staff

Re: Display "person or group" picture

Hi, thanks for reporting this. 

Can you please send a session ID so we can investigate that better?

Another question is: what's the image file format you're using? JPG?

grhaberer

I apologize for the delay.  The PDF viewer limitations have moved this way down the priority list since I cannot put together a meaningful enterprise solution until I dynamically display PDFs stored in SharePoint...

Here is the session:

Session ID: a4036cc8-8a02-e95e-a822-ae61554637b0
PowerApps 2.0.730

I'll mention that the pictures do not show up at all anymore.  Not in development screens, not in preview screens, not in browser, not in apps.

Your help is appreciated!

grhaberer

@claudiosvcc Please see the post above this one with the requested details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,004)