cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Display recently submitted form

Is there a way to show what you just submitted in a form? Capture.PNGfor example, I have a form called formData, on select of the save button it goes into a list called ListData. Is there a way I can use a lookup or somehow keep the attachment and comment in their so the user can see what they have submitted instead of the form resetting. Also, I do not call a reset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@powerapps890 

Please close this thread by marking a reply as a solution. The way it worked was to set the form mode of the form based on whether there was a related record for the record that was selected in the primary gallery. If a related record exists, then you can set the form mode to Edit (setting a variable to FormMode.Edit or simply calling EditForm(Form1)) and if there is no related record, then you can set the form mode to New (setting a variable to FormMode.New or simply calling NewForm(Form1)). 

Then set the Items property of the form to Gallery.Selected. This way when the form mode is edit, it knows which record to display. The default property of the data cards should simply be ThisItem.ColumnName. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@powerapps890,

I have seen that you have opened the same case before:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Keep-data-card-information-upon-saving/td-p/...

I have posted my reply already, is there anything I missed?

How you set your DefaultMode of your form which is the key to solve your problem. (IMPORTANT)

Is the form in the screenshot a SharePointIntegration?

Normally, a SharePointForm is set to EditMode. I modify the previous solution, you can try as below.

Set the OnSuccess property of your form to the following:

Set(SubmittedData, Form1.LastSubmit);
NewForm(Form1)  

Set the Items property of your form  to the following:

SubmittedData

Set the Default property of the corresponding TextInput control within the Description DataCard as below:

SubmittedData.Description

Note: Attachment control will keep the last submitted attachment by default, so you just need to set the Default property of the corresponding TextInput control within the Description DataCard.

Please try to check if this could solve your problem, if it could not, more details would be appreciated. 

Best Regards,

QI

@powerapps890 

Please close this thread by marking a reply as a solution. The way it worked was to set the form mode of the form based on whether there was a related record for the record that was selected in the primary gallery. If a related record exists, then you can set the form mode to Edit (setting a variable to FormMode.Edit or simply calling EditForm(Form1)) and if there is no related record, then you can set the form mode to New (setting a variable to FormMode.New or simply calling NewForm(Form1)). 

Then set the Items property of the form to Gallery.Selected. This way when the form mode is edit, it knows which record to display. The default property of the data cards should simply be ThisItem.ColumnName. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,342)