cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Display specific sharepoint row information in a display form.

I have a gallery set up that will display all sharepoint entries that have a status "Pending"

I want to be able to click on one of the entries and it will take me to a new page and display the correct information for that sharepoint entry in a display form.

Here's some pictures to show what I'm working with:

First we have the submission form where we gather the information that is being sent to the SP list

BUForm.png

Next we have the view that displays the entries with status "Pending" that are in the SP list. I want to be able to select a specific entry from this page and it will display the information like shown in the next image.

viewentries.png

This is how I want the information for the specific entry to be set up. I inserted a display form that should display the values from the SP list.

I pretty much just want the information from the entry I click on to show up in the correct fields below

displayform.png

How would I end up going about this? 

I assume there is an ID field or something that could be referenced to pull up the correct information but I'm not sure how to configure that.

If possible I would also like to link that button to the actual sharepoint entry as well, but that's not for this specific view it's for another similar view I have in my app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

In Form's property you need to set:

DataSource = SP list name

Item =  Gallery(Pending).Selected

And edit the form as you like using the toolbar on right.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

In Form's property you need to set:

DataSource = SP list name

Item =  Gallery(Pending).Selected

And edit the form as you like using the toolbar on right.

View solution in original post

@UAFliudMy 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have datasource for the display form set to my SPList

I'm not sure what you mean by "Item =  Gallery(Pending).Selected" could you maybe walk through this a little bit?

Because when I select the entry I want to view it says no item to display

Wait I think I got it working, only problem is my multiline text field is showing a bunch of garbage before the actual info.

Also, any idea how to set that button to go to the sharepoint url?

Edit: Found the solution to my problem in another thread. Here 

as far as my initial problem goes @UAFliudMy was completely right and anyone else having these issues should follow his solution. I have marked it as the solution to this.

In the property of the Form "Item", you need to mention the name of that gallery (to create the reference), GalleryName.Selected

".Selected" will pass to the form selected Item from the gallery.

Launch("url")  will let you navigate to the link with button

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,034)