Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doddy83
Helper III
Helper III

Display text based on sharepoint column

Hello again,

After a little help here. Got a gallery that displays the results of searches and it shows if work has been completed, if it's awaiting amendments or if it was rejected. I'd like to have a current status area in the search gallery that can pull from various yes/no columns on a SP List I use to show/hide buttons depending on the job status.

So if the amendments required column is yes display Amendments Required. If the Work Complete column is Yes display Work Complete, same for Awaiting Approval etc. Not sure if this makes sense, it does to me but that means nothing!

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@Doddy83 
If you want a button to show when the Work Complete column is "Yes" then put this code in the Visible property of the button.

ThisItem.'Work Complete'

Same for the Awaiting Approval button, put this in the Visible property

ThisItem.'Awaiting Approval'

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi @mdevaney ,

Thanks for replying, but I've already got the OnVisable properties set for the buttons. What I was looking for is to have a label that displays its current status. I've managed to work around it by adding another column called Current Status and pulling it from there. I have other yes/no colums that I use to make sure approval flows start/dont start when needed and was hoping to be able to pull the status from those, but as they are yes/no columns I'd need to have the label display different text depending on the yes/no value of multiple columns.

Hi@Doddy83,

Based on the issue you mentioned, you can show/hide a label and display status text depending on the Yes/No column.

On this premise, I have a test on my side, please take a try as below:

• There are three Yes/No columns in my SP list as shown above5.png
  • Select the gallery and insert three labels next to three status, set the Visible property as below:
'Amendments Required'
  • Set the Visible and Text property as below:
"Amendments Required"

After that, a Label will show/hide displaying corresponding text based on the value in Yes/No column.

Best Regards,

Qi Qiao

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,912)