cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carterprine
Helper II
Helper II

Display value from lookup list column when item is selected in PowerApps

I have a PowerApp that connects to my "Change Requests" list. It displays a table of the current outstanding requests. When the user clicks on each request in the table, more information about the entry is displayed in a section next to the table, using labels. One of the labels displayed in the 'more info' section is from a lookup column using: Text(FullfillmentRequestTbl.Selected.'Site'.Value)

**Here's where it gets a little tricky...

Is it possible to add a label that pulls a value from another column in the related 'Site' lookup list? Therefore, if the user clicks a request in the table, PowerApps should know that since the selected item's Site Id=94, it should display Site 94's column B, which is only stored in the secondary list (the lookup list), and not the primary request list.

I have both lists connected to my app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @carterprine ,

The formula syntax should be like this:

LookUp('SP list 2', ID=Table.Selected.'LookUpColumn'.Id).'target column'

In your case, the code: 

LookUp('Reporting ...', ID=FullfillmentRequestTbl.Selected.'Site'.Id).'ERP Instance 1'

Please try it on to see if your issue is fixed.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @carterprine ,

You can absolutely do it as below:

1. In details table select the field or control where you want to show the URL from other list
  2. Unlock that control
  3. Default value of the Lable as below

LookUP(secondSPList,ID=gallery.selected.ID,siteURLcolumnfromlist2)​

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a THUMS-UP and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Thanks so much for your help. Sorry, I'm not certain that I phrased the question very well. 

Where I have list 1, which has a lookup column "Site RU":

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.26.39 PM.png

Here, when we click on the "Site RU" item in list 1, we see in list 2, we have the ERP Instance 1 column:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.27.09 PM.png

App screen:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.33.14 PM.png

Hi @carterprine ,

The formula syntax should be like this:

LookUp('SP list 2', ID=Table.Selected.'LookUpColumn'.Id).'target column'

In your case, the code: 

LookUp('Reporting ...', ID=FullfillmentRequestTbl.Selected.'Site'.Id).'ERP Instance 1'

Please try it on to see if your issue is fixed.

Sik

Thank you @v-siky-msft ! You are awesome. That worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,887)