cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: DisplayMode=View removes border

Depending on your scenario you may be forced to using shapes to block input or to use as a border. In my case using disabled display mode is not a good solution as it looks completely different from view mode:

2020-09-18_17h05_47.png

My use case is that lookup numbers can change from the time they're initially input to when they need to be processed so validation has to happen both at the form entry and just before processing so I need to indicate the field needs attention before processing even in view mode. I'll be using a rectangle behind this since it's a gallery and only requires one shape to configure, but can see how it is not ideal for other situations.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

There's DisplayMode.Disabled and DisplayModeDisabled

The .Disabled grays it out, the Displaymodedisabled doesn't?

Not sure the difference, but I can at least get a border without adding extra controls.

Terry

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It seems that the value of DisplayMode is not checked internally by PA.

I have added this code to the DisplayMode property of my data cards.

All of my data cards have a DisplayMode set to the Parent (Data form)  

if(Parent.DisplayMode=DisplayMode.View, junk, Parent.DisplayMode)

Now the border appears and the field is not editable, which is what I want.  I opted for this because the data card border provide a nice gridwork around my controls, and I don't want to make 30+ rectangles around my cards.  This does have the negative side effect of causing the app checker to flag an error.  This could "hide" a real issue that has an unintended effects.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,906)