cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DisplayMode critieria stops button OnSelect navigation to next page.

Hi all,

I have a button to navigate to next screen - this works, and allows me to navigate. 

I have disabled the button when my form is incomplete, as below - this works. 

DisplayMode:

If(IsBlank(Category_Radio.Selected.Result) || IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Result) || IsBlank(Dropdown2.Selected.Result), Disabled, Edit

However, when this DisplayMode is in place I can no longer navigate, I remove this DisplayMode criteria and again I can navigate. 

So I can turn the error on and off but not sure how fix and keep the functionality I need. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did you try the formula i gave?

If(IsBlank(Category_Radio.Selected.Result) || IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Result) || IsBlank(Dropdown2.Selected.Result), DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

Also recheck if you have the Navigate function on Onselect: Navigate(ScreenName)

If you tried and it didnt work, publish and restart the App

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

@TAStimpson 

If you want to remove the displaymode formula, then what is the purpose of the it on that navigate button?

Can you explain further the use of that formula.

In any case you can insert another button and on select put: Navigate(Screen2)

Finally if you still want to maintain both the displaymode on the button, kindly give a clue as to what circumstance you want that to happen.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24 

Thanks for your reply. 

The app is 4 pages with a form on each page, I have a button on each page to navigate through to the next page. 
I do not want to navigate to next page unless the form on that particular page is complete, so I have disabled the button until the form is complete. 

However once the form is complete the button becomes visible but navigate no longer works. 

I do not want to remove the Displaymode, I was trying to explain that I could make the navigate work again by removing the Displaymode.

Thanks 

I get the Point. Can you show a screen shot of your Formula?

If(IsBlank(Category_Radio.Selected.Result) || IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected.Result) || IsBlank(Dropdown2.Selected.Result), DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

------------

Thanks @eka24 

Screen clip attached. 

I notice you have ended your above formula with "DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)" which differs from mine. 

Did you try the formula i gave?

Also recheck if you have the Navigate function on Onselect: Navigate(ScreenName)

If you tried and it didnt work, publish and restart the App

------------

View solution in original post

Thank you, I have tired the formula and it now works. 

Thanks again @eka24 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (25,555)