cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dudditz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Displaying Multi Select Option Set in Gallery

I have a field in a CDS entity using the Multi Select Option Set.  This works as expected in a form which allows you to select multiple Years, example 2017, 2018, 2019.  The data in forms is dispayed showing the year.

I have a gallery that is connected to this entity and this same option set is returning the following error "The Property expects text values, but this rule produces incompatible table values"

It looks like the data is actually stored as a numerical value as seen below and I assume this is what is returning to the gallery.  I am looking for some direction as to the proper way to display the actual name value of this Multi Select Option set within a gallery.

Year

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dudditz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Resolved this by using the following.

Concat(ThisItem.Year, Text(Value),",")

View solution in original post

Hi @Dudditz ,

Have you solved your problem?

Please also take a try with the following formula:

Concat(ThisItem.Year, Text(Value)&", ")

Or

Concat(ThisItem.Year, Text(Value)&" & ")

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dudditz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Resolved this by using the following.

Concat(ThisItem.Year, Text(Value),",")

Hi @Dudditz ,

Have you solved your problem?

Please also take a try with the following formula:

Concat(ThisItem.Year, Text(Value)&", ")

Or

Concat(ThisItem.Year, Text(Value)&" & ")

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,382)