cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slhangen
Helper V
Helper V

Displaying Values of ListBox in Gallery

Need verbiage to display all selected values of listbox populating collection.  Using collection (colIndicators) because it is a multi-screen form.

OnSelect of Next Screen button is:

ClearCollect(colIndicators,
{
colRiskFactorsPersonality:lbRiskFactorsPersonality.SelectedItems.Value,
colGoalsPersonality:lbGoalsPersonality.SelectedItems.Value,
colInterventionsPersonality:lbInterventionsPersonality.SelectedItems.Value,
colRiskFactorsMentalHealth:lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems.Value,
colGoalsMentalHealth:lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems.Value,
colInterventionsMentalHealth:lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems.Value
}
)

I can get first value with:

Concat(colIndicators, First(colGoalsMentalHealth).Value, ",")

How can I get all selections of each colIndicator item?

Thx so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@slhangen 

Yes...I gave you the formula for it:

{
        colRiskFactorsPersonality: Concat(lbRiskFactorsPersonality.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
        colGoalsPersonality: Concat(lbGoalsPersonality.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
        colInterventionsPersonality: Concat(lbInterventionsPersonality.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
        colRiskFactorsMentalHealth: Concat(lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
        colGoalsMentalHealth: Concat(lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems.Value, Value & ","),
        colInterventionsMentalHealth: Concat(lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
    }
)

This will give you a collection with one record with 6 columns.  Each column will be a comma separated string of the selected items in the corresponding ListBox controls.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@slhangen 

I am not entirely sure if you are asking that you want to display all of the items of a particular columns (i.e. colRiskFactorsPersonality) as a comma separated list or if you want to get this in some other way.

If in a comma separated list, you could consider altering your Formula to the following:

{
        colRiskFactorsPersonality: Concat(lbRiskFactorsPersonality.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
        colInterventionsPersonality: Concat(lbInterventionsPersonality.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
        colRiskFactorsMentalHealth: Concat(lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
        colGoalsMentalHealth: Concat(lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems.Value, Value & ","),
        colInterventionsMentalHealth: Concat(lbRiskFactorsMentalHealth.SelectedItems, Value & ","),
    }
)

Note, you are assigning a single record to a collection.  You can also assign this to a lower-weight variable or even simply use the concat function in your Gallery.

But again, not sure exactly where you're trying to go with it.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

I just want to display any choices that are selected.  Can be up to 5 per section.

Don't know the verbiage for Concat to get all the items, only the first.

@slhangen 

Yes...I gave you the formula for it:

{
    }
)

This will give you a collection with one record with 6 columns.  Each column will be a comma separated string of the selected items in the corresponding ListBox controls.

View solution in original post

Now I see, thanks so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,823)