cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg27
Super User
Super User

Displaying a SharePoint List field in a Textbox

I have a Textbox, but also tried this in a label. I am trying to find a field in a SharePoint List so that i can display it in the Textbox, but my function is showing an error. Here is the function:

Filter(Available_FormText,FormName="Academic Advisor Change").FormHeaderText

Here is my information:

SharePoint List name: Available_FormText

SharePoint List Column Header: FormName

Value I am looking for under the Column Header "FormName": "Academic Advisor Change"

The Column header that contains the text I want to display: FormHeaderText

When I click on the function, there is a red squiggly line under ".FormHeaderText".

This function seems correct, just can't figure out what I am missing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Greg27 

No...you are NOT spelling it correctly.  It is not Lookup it is LookUp

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Greg27 

Filter returns a table of records.  You will need a single text value for your textinput or label.

So the formula should be:

LookUp(Available_FormText, FormName="Academic Advisor Change", FormHeaderText)

As lookup will return a single record and from that you can return the column value you want.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@RandyHayes 

I have tried using the Lookup function, but it doesn't like my Column header after the name of my SharePoint List. If I enter the following:

Lookup(Available_FormText,Form

The options it gives me in the dropdown is the following:

Form1_1

FormMode

FormMode.Edit

The minute I continue typing, it gives me a red squiggly line under FormName. So, I finish out the function with the following:

Lookup(Available_FormText, FormName="Academic Advisor Change", FormHeaderText)

and I get a red squiggly line under the entire function. This is why I went back to the Filter function. It seems like it would work, but it doesn't. I'm hoping I am missing something obvious.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Greg27 

What is the error it is giving?  Hover over the underlined formula and see what it shows for the error.

Obvious question...you do have a FormName column in your Available_FormText list, AND it is a text column?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Greg27 

Also...make sure you are spelling LookUp correctly.  It is an upper case L and U 

@RandyHayes 

The error is "Invocation of unknown or unsupported function". I do have a column named FormName and it is a Single line of text.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Greg27 

Yes, so then you spelled LookUp wrong.  Check the letter case.

@RandyHayes 

I am spelling Lookup correctly, but here is a screenshot with the error message:

Greg27_0-1642609973222.png

Hopefully this helps. I am also including the same screenshot, but with my pointer over FormName, where I am getting another error:

Greg27_1-1642610069576.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Greg27 

No...you are NOT spelling it correctly.  It is not Lookup it is LookUp

Wow!! Didn't even realize I didn't have the upper case U. Thanks so much for your help! I am not sure I would have ever noticed it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,921)