cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elliottd
Frequent Visitor

Displaying a value from one list in another lists browse gallery

Hi Community!

I am stuck trying to implement this feature in PowerApps. Let me explain the issue,

I have two SharePoint Lists that are added as sources in PowerApps, the lists are as follows -

List 1

Defect Type and Sub Type

List 2 

LATENT DEFECT TRACKER
I have a gallery view displaying some of the items from list 2.
I would like to display an item (Scheme Name) from list 1
All my other items display fine from list 2 (ThisItem.Title) or ThisItem.'Case Closed'.Value
I have tried LookUp('Defect Type and Sub Type'.'Scheme Name'=ThisItem.Scheme Name) but it's not selecting ThisItem.Scheme Name 
It keeps on referring to list 2
The first part of the query quantifies LookUp('Defect Type and Sub Type'.'Scheme Name' as soon as I input =Thisitem is cant select Scheme Name
Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elliottd,

Could you please give a sample to describe the relationship between the list1 and list2?

Do you want to display the Scheme Name from list1 corresponding to each record in the list2?

Modify your formula as below:

LookUp('Defect Type and Sub Type','Scheme Name'=ThisItem.'Scheme Name') 

I think the formula you provided makes no sense, if the scheme name from list1 equals to schema name from this item, then there is no need to display schema name since they are totally same.

You should refer to the primary key between the list1 and list2, so that you could retrieve the schema name based on the same primary key from list1.

For example, TypeID is the primary key that both list1 and list2 shares, you could use the following formula:

LookUp('Defect Type and Sub Type',TypeID=ThisItem.TypeID).'Schema Name'
Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elliottd,

Could you please give a sample to describe the relationship between the list1 and list2?

Do you want to display the Scheme Name from list1 corresponding to each record in the list2?

Modify your formula as below:

LookUp('Defect Type and Sub Type','Scheme Name'=ThisItem.'Scheme Name') 

I think the formula you provided makes no sense, if the scheme name from list1 equals to schema name from this item, then there is no need to display schema name since they are totally same.

You should refer to the primary key between the list1 and list2, so that you could retrieve the schema name based on the same primary key from list1.

For example, TypeID is the primary key that both list1 and list2 shares, you could use the following formula:

LookUp('Defect Type and Sub Type',TypeID=ThisItem.TypeID).'Schema Name'
Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,747)