cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toby95
Level: Powered On

Displaying an 'apend comments' field in PowerApps?

I've just started using PowerApps for the first time today, so apologies if this ends up being a simple solution.

I created a PowerApp from a list I have in SharePoint Online. In this list, users have the ability to add comments to a comments field, this field also has 'apend comments' set to on which means when they submit a comment it leaves their name and a little time stamp next to it. The idea is that multiple people can leave their comments and it keeps a little log of them.

When I add this comments field to my PowerApp, none of the comments are showing up. It just shows the title 'Approver's Comments' with a blank white space underneath. Is there something I need to turn on?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Displaying an 'apend comments' field in PowerApps?

@toby95 

As far as I know - this is still under review to add to PowerApps and is not supported today.

There is an Idea in the idea list that you can look at and vote on.

If you read through the comments on the Idea you will see one of my preferences offered by @PhilD which is to create a second list in sharepoint with items that link to the main list (One-to-Many list).  This will at least get you past the problem, but you would be ditching the Append Changes text column concept all together - as it doesn't seem to be on the horizon to make happen.

Sorry that your first day of PowerApps would run you into an obscure feature that doesn't work.  Keep at it though, the rest is quite exciting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Displaying an 'apend comments' field in PowerApps?

@toby95 

As far as I know - this is still under review to add to PowerApps and is not supported today.

There is an Idea in the idea list that you can look at and vote on.

If you read through the comments on the Idea you will see one of my preferences offered by @PhilD which is to create a second list in sharepoint with items that link to the main list (One-to-Many list).  This will at least get you past the problem, but you would be ditching the Append Changes text column concept all together - as it doesn't seem to be on the horizon to make happen.

Sorry that your first day of PowerApps would run you into an obscure feature that doesn't work.  Keep at it though, the rest is quite exciting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,258)