cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Displaying and Patching Choices to SP List From Powerapps

Greetings.

I have created a SharePoint list with a column named "NewHireChecklist" which contains multiple choices, and allows multiple selections.

I have connected this SharePoint list to a custom Powerapp. A gallery is being used to display the values of the SharePoint list.

Problem 1: I have added a Dropdown menu to the Powerapp that is pulling from the SharePoint column, however, all of the values in the column are not displaying in the Dropdown menu. 

Problem 2: I am wanting to patch single or mulitple selections from the Dropdown to the SharePoint list. I am able to do this with Date Pickers, TextInputs, etc, but I cannot seem to get patching to work for any changes made to the Dropdown box. I receive the following error when trying to add the NewHireChecklist dropdown values to the patch command: "The type of this argument does not match the expected type "Table". Found type "Text""

I have provided screenshots of the SharePoint list choices column, the patch command, and the Powerapps dropdown part. Any assistance would be great! I know I could use a form instead, but I prefer having the gallery view in this case since we will have numerous entries that need to be edited in bulk. 

nhcheck.PNGCapture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Displaying and Patching Choices to SP List From Powerapps

Hi @Raynuna,

Did you mean that you want to have the options inside the Choice column's setting? If so, then you should use below formula in the Items property of the combo box control:

Choices(NewStaffITChecklist.NewHireChecklist)

For the Patch the choice column, the formula should be:

Patch(NewStaffITChecklist,Defaults(NewStaffITChecklist),{Title:TextInput1.Text,..........,........,ComboBox1.SelectedItems})

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,477)