Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MH5
Helper I
Helper I

Displaying data from other tables in PowerApps for teams

Hi,

I have 2 DataVerse for Teams tables, Table A which contains store locations, Table B which contains Part Numbers.

The objective is to have an app that allows staff to enter quantities for each part number by location.

I would like to have a screen where staff can select the part number (Table B) from a list in one field, and within the same screen select the store location (Table A) in another field. Then when selecting the Part Number it would show product type, which is a column in Table B, in a View label.

Any resources or guides to reach that solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MH5

Do you want to populate the view label with the product type based on part number from TableB?

Could you please tell me how you set the dropdown control Items property so that you could select the part number within?

I assume that the dropdown control corresponding to the part number is a Combo Box and you populate it with a Text column where you save the part numbers.

Here is what I assume:

1). Set the Combo Box corresponding to the Part Numbers as below:

Distinct(TableB,'Part Numbers')

2). Set the Text property of the view label as below:

LookUp(TableB, 'Part Numbers'=ComboBox.Selected.Result).'Product Type'

If the Part Number is a Choice column, you should modify your formula as below:

LookUp(TableB, 'Part Numbers'=ComboBox.Selected.Value).'Product Type'​
Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
phipps0218
Super User
Super User

You can achieve this with LookUp function: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-phipps-%F0%9F%91%A8%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%92%BB-91338715b/
Subscribe to my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmFBGU1YKIU91sNMQ7buGg

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MH5

Do you want to populate the view label with the product type based on part number from TableB?

Could you please tell me how you set the dropdown control Items property so that you could select the part number within?

I assume that the dropdown control corresponding to the part number is a Combo Box and you populate it with a Text column where you save the part numbers.

Here is what I assume:

1). Set the Combo Box corresponding to the Part Numbers as below:

Distinct(TableB,'Part Numbers')

2). Set the Text property of the view label as below:

LookUp(TableB, 'Part Numbers'=ComboBox.Selected.Result).'Product Type'

If the Part Number is a Choice column, you should modify your formula as below:

LookUp(TableB, 'Part Numbers'=ComboBox.Selected.Value).'Product Type'​
Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,902)