Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MortenBak
Helper II
Helper II

Displaying image from Sharepoint Document library

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build an app that uploads an image to a Sharepoint library, and then displays the newest image uploaded
I can upload the image just fine, but I have no idea how to get it displayed in the app.

I've tried with Image media control, where I cant get anything to show up, and I've also tried a gallery, enlarge the picture, and show it, but again, this doesn't work for me. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MortenBak
Helper II
Helper II

Hello everyone,

I got it to work by using a gallery, connecting it to the Sharepoint library, and using the already embedded image display, with ThisItem.Miniature.Large in its Image property

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @MortenBak ,

If you have a Gallery of the images, the Image is ThisItem.'Link to item' . I have a blog on this that may assist.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Hello WarrenBelz,

I've already read your blogpost on this, but I still cant get it to work. 

I'm currently playing around with datacards to get it to show, and the ThisItem.'Link to item' doesn't display anything. It says there are no elements to show. When I try galleries, its the same, unfortunately.

Could it be something with the way I've saved the file to Sharepoint? It's saved in there as a regular .png file.

@MortenBak ,

What is the Items of the Gallery ? It needs to be based on the Library. I can assure you png files render a thumbnail view in an Image control.

WarrenBelz_0-1656017738444.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Goodmorning WarrenBelz,

When I have the entire gallery selected, it doesn't let me use ThisItem , but instead I have to refer to <LibraryName>.LinkToElement. All the elements inside the gallery, the labels and such, can use ThisItem.LinkToElement The Every element inside the gallery you can see here, provides the actual link, which it was supposed to, but the large picture in the middle is not displaying anything. If you can see it in the top left corner, there is a little icon that usually displays as well. 

MortenBak_1-1656048366201.png

MortenBak
Helper II
Helper II

Hello everyone,

I got it to work by using a gallery, connecting it to the Sharepoint library, and using the already embedded image display, with ThisItem.Miniature.Large in its Image property

Hi @MortenBak ,

You will also find that in my blog - with the built-in Thumbnail function

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

but I still have to wonder why 'Link to item' did not work for you unless your setup was something different to what I understand from your posts OR you were trying to display on a mobile device.

Hello WarrenBelz,

I also tried looking for it, but <LibraryName>.Thumbnail isn't available for me. Same with setting a gallery to the library, and using the method I used to solve my issue, there is no option for ThisItem.Thumbnail either. 

Might just be some poor translating in the editor. Thank you very much for your help though Warren! 

Hi @MortenBak ,

You need to type in in exactly as I have posted - it will not always come up in Intellisense

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,066)