Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomaspp
Helper I
Helper I

Displaying images from Sharepoint List on iOS

Hi,

I'm having issues where images added to my SP list don't appear when the app is opened on the mobile phone.

I uploaded the images to an image type column in the SP list and then copied the URLs into a text column. I then use ThisItem.URLdata to recall the value in the URLdata column. They images appear when opened in the desktop browser as they should but not on the phone.

I also tried adding photos as attachments and then re-calling them in the app with the Attachments control in a form and using "ThisItem.Attachments". But when I try this method, the image doesn't show at all. Only the image title "Logo.png" is displayed in text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @thomaspp ,

The cause of this is that the mobile app need to resolve any URL-based images anonymously and even if you are logged into SharePoint elsewhere on the device, it does not recognise this in the Power Apps session.

Attachments (image type) can be displayed but require a slightly different reference. Please have a read of this blog of mine - you will find the process for displaying both types on mobile devices.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @thomaspp ,

The cause of this is that the mobile app need to resolve any URL-based images anonymously and even if you are logged into SharePoint elsewhere on the device, it does not recognise this in the Power Apps session.

Attachments (image type) can be displayed but require a slightly different reference. Please have a read of this blog of mine - you will find the process for displaying both types on mobile devices.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

thomaspp
Helper I
Helper I

I read through your blog meticulously. 
In my case the solution turned out to be this:      "First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value" 

It seems to work within any image control in the detail form for selected gallery items. 

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,497)