Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Station1901
Level: Powered On

Displaying report results in a gallery

Hello,

I have a gallery which displays the search results from a specified date range but it isn't working properly and I was hoping someone could help.  I have 2 date selectors BeginDate and EndDate.  As soon as the dates are selected the results displayed in my Gallery using a filter command.  The information comes from a Sharepoint list 'MaintenanceLog' which has information going back to 01/01/2018 to the present date.  Now here's the puzzling part (for me).  If I enter a date range between 01/01/2018 and 09/07/2018 the Gallery will display all of the information requested but if I enter a date range between 10/07/2018 and  say 25/11/2019 there are no results displayed even though the data is there in the sharepoint list.  I have included the filter formula below I have used in my Gallery though I think I have proved this works as it does produce results before 09/07/2018.  I suspect it may be something to do with the actual sharepoint list but I am completely stumped. - any help would be greatly appreciated

The formula in my Gallery is:

'SortByColumns(Filter(MaintenanceLog,Date>=BeginDate.SelectedDate && Date<=EndDate),"Date",Descending)'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Station1901

Re: Displaying report results in a gallery

What you have said makes absolute sense.  When I've checked the log 09/07/2018 is the 500th record.  In reality the results should never exceed 2000 records however the Sharepoint list will hold well over 2000 records - is that the problem ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@Station1901 

I do not believe there is anything wrong with your SharePoint list.  Dates cannot yet be delegated in SharePoint.  That's why you cannot see past the 500th record when looking for dates between 10/07/2018 and  say 25/11/2019.

There are a couple of general strategies you could employ.  Which one would you like to follow?

• Increase delegation limit to 2,000 records in the advanced settings (works if your list will always be less than 2000 records)
  • Pre-Filter your results in some way (e.g. Equipment, Location) so the initial result is less than 2,000 then Filter by Dates.
  • Make a secondary column to store the date as a number in SharePoint (e.g. 2019-11-26 becomes 20191126).  In theory this would work but I've never tried it.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Station1901

What you have said makes absolute sense.  When I've checked the log 09/07/2018 is the 500th record.  In reality the results should never exceed 2000 records however the Sharepoint list will hold well over 2000 records - is that the problem ?

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@Station1901 

Yes, the problem is SharePoint stops looking for matches after the 500th result (or 2,000th if you've bumped up the limit in advanced settings).  This is the very definition of a "delegation issue" in PowerApps 😑

Until dates can be delegated I would suggest you try strategy #2 or #3 from my list above.

Super User
Super User

You could use msflow to return the data (response or respond to powerapps)

I use response with SQL server, it imports 25000 records into collections from 12 tables in 5-10 seconds.

Each table on its own only takes between 0.1 - 2 seconds depending on size.  I dont know if it works with sharepoint but its solved me so many headaches.

Super User
Super User

@Station1901 

Do you need any additional help here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,493)