Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daemagor
Helper II
Helper II

Distinct Filter and Sort on Gallery

Hey all,

I am looking to make a Tablet view of the ticket system that I am currently working on at the moment.Capture.PNG

As you can see with the image, I have buttons and I have a gallery below the buttons. I have two goals to be accomplished with this.

1. What I am trying to do is have a gallery or buttons, which ever is easier, to display the status of the tickets. Using the Gallery, do I use:
    distinct(filter(datasource, status))

The buttons are an easy fix since you can just use UpdateCOntext and use a global variable, but they dont look pleasing to the eye vs the gallery. 

2. The other thing I am trying to get to work is with this selection of the status, in another gallery, I will show the tickets with said selected status. EX I select "in progress tickets", all the in progress tickes will show and vice versa. TicketView is the variable that sets the filter on the gallery.
  3. Filter(Tickets_1,If(TicketView = "Open", show all open tickets, If(TicketView = "In Progress", show all in progress tickets, If(...........))))

Any help would be appriciated. Thank you in advance!

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the type of Status column in your datasource?

Is it a lookup field?

If yes try to do this

ThisItem.Result.Value

Crap, yeah that would do it. Although its not showing all the status' that are in the Datasource. I have atleast 5 Open TIckets and you only see Completed Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change Gallery1.Item to

Distinct(Tickets_1, Status.Value)

Change the Label to

ThisItem.Result

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! I have one last question. If I want to show All Tickets, how would I do that? Since it only shows the values in the datasource. Should I just make shift one using rectangles and a button overlaying it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daemagor

I don't think you can have it in the Gallery to list All Tickets. Maybe have a button next to it which says Show All Tickets

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (63,849)