cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Distinct Filter

I ma new to Powerapps and attempting to learn the basics here. I am developing my first app and my datasource is an excel spreadsheet. I have 3 screens in my app, the first is a splash screen with an enter button, the second is a list box that displays the contents of the first column called Location. The locations that I am using are 6 numerical characters long i.e. 020128. There are other records that are not. I created a formula that filters out the ones I don't need, however what's left there can be more than 1 of. therefore I need a distinct list. The code below works to filter, but how do I make it distinct as well?

Filter(Table1,Mid(Location,4,1)<>" ",Mid(Location,4,1)<>"-")

11 REPLIES 11

Thank you so much for the explanation, it resolved my issue. 

The fact that you made the red parts clear which were new additions was essential. Very helpful, thank you so much !

@mr-dang Found another issue for large Lists in SharePoint... you are limited to the Max View Size (5,000 records) even if you fix your Filter successfully delegates the query to SharePoint. You need to filter down to 5k or fewer results before you can perform a Distinct function and ensure you get all values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (82,148)