cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
addy2019
Advocate V
Advocate V

Distinct Values in Combobox from Dataverse columns

I want to populate Combobox with Distinct values from 3 columns in Dataverse. I tried many ways, for ex this

Modifying "Search Fields" & "Display Fields" Property will show values from Primary fields on searching moreover they're not distinct.

Combine multiple columns to form combobox items but this doesn't show all values as DISTINCT is non-delegable

Merge two columns with the same data type into one column this also doesn't show all values as ClearCollect is non-delegable

Can anyone suggest how to Search & Select using Combobox based on all distinct Values from 3 columns.

However I thought altering datasource in Powerapps might also work so I posted a question there as well.

Create a View with 4 columns in One in Dataverse 

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@addy2019 

If you want to create a field that combines 2 field values and then eliminates duplicates, try

Sort(
     Distinct(
               AddColumns(
                          table,"newcol",Concatenate(
                                                     col1,col2
                                         )
              )
     ),Result
)

in the Items property of the combobox 

addy2019
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @Drrickryp Thanks for the response. But I'm not looking for COncatenating columns instead merging them, for ex

AA1BB1
AA2BB2
AA3BB3

To 

AA1
AA2
AA3
BB1
BB2
BB3

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,588)