Did you mean: 
codebrane
Resolver I
Resolver I

Distinct from sharepoint list returning multiple columns

I'm using this to populate a gallery and it's fine:

Distinct('The List', TheUserId)

which populates a gallery item text with:

ThisItem.Result (as it only contains TheUserId).

but I'd like to display more than one piece of information in the gallery for each result:

'The List'.TheUserId

'The List'.TheUserName

is there a way for ThisItem.Result to have access to multiple columns from the list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @codebrane i think GroupBy('The List', TheUserId,SomeColumnName) will be best if you need added columns but maybe there is another way, i will keep my eye on this.

the gallery will have ThisItem.TheUserId and First(thisItem.omeColumnName).TheUserName  

Or have alook a tthis if this is more what you llooking for: Solved: Make a distinct with many columns (like in SQL) - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

hope it helps

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
codebrane
Resolver I
Resolver I

I can do it using another query in the gallery item:

First(Filter( 'The List', TheUserId = ThisItem.Result)).TheUserName

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @codebrane i think GroupBy('The List', TheUserId,SomeColumnName) will be best if you need added columns but maybe there is another way, i will keep my eye on this.

the gallery will have ThisItem.TheUserId and First(thisItem.omeColumnName).TheUserName  

Or have alook a tthis if this is more what you llooking for: Solved: Make a distinct with many columns (like in SQL) - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

hope it helps

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,703)