cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Distinct list of People from Multi Selection People Picker

Hello, 

Ive see several posts about people pickers, but my sharepoint list allows for multiple people to be selected. which means that the people picker column is a column of tables. 

I want to create a list view where the items are the distinct people from the people picker column.  AND I want to filter the sharepoint list so that you can see which items from the sharepoint list each person was involved with. 

Im not sure that this is possible based on my current experimentation, but I thought Id ask.

Thanks!

EDIT:    For others who may be interested, my actual solution used Ungroup and then GroupBy.

ClearCollect(colAuditors, GroupBy(Ungroup(dataSource, "GroupedColumnName"),"DisplayName","Email","Picture", "GroupedData"))

thank you @mdevaney  for your help with this solution!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Dave9 
This will give you a list of all the people's names as plain text but I am not sure if that is what you wanted.

ClearCollect(colUniqueNames, Distinct(Ungroup(your_datasource_name, your_column_name), DisplayName))  

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@Dave9 

Please provide an example of what the resulting table should look like.

Sharepoint Item 1:  people picker:  Dave, Joe, Bob

Sharepoint Item 2:  people picker:  Dave, Bob, Mary

Sharepoint Item 3:  people picker:  Mary, Joe

Powerapps List screen Items:  Dave, Joe, Bob, Mary

the people picker uses O365 people, so each person is a record. 

@Dave9 
This will give you a list of all the people's names as plain text but I am not sure if that is what you wanted.

ClearCollect(colUniqueNames, Distinct(Ungroup(your_datasource_name, your_column_name), DisplayName))  

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,993)