Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sudhavi_84
Helper I
Helper I

Distinct

Hi

I have a list and it has duplicate values.

I want to bring only disticnt values in to Gallery

I created Screen-->Gallery and selected datasource.. it is displaying all duplicates as well

Specified as Distinct(Table.Field) but is coming error

Any leads please? did google and tried in various ways.

Thank you in advance

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @PG_WorXz10 ,

Yes I have like 2000 Rows and 30 Column in List

and selected just one data source now because I am new to power APP and try to build it.

Yes I tried this too

Distinct(SourceName,FieldName).Result 

Hi @Sudhavi_84 ,

If your list has less than or exact 2000 items please go to setting and change the below 500 values to 2000.

Than check the dropdown. 

PG_WorXz10_0-1629984455355.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Sorrry @PG_WorXz10 

Please can you let me know which Settings I need to go?

List Settings or App Settings? I can not find in either of them of your left side options.

And also list can grow on going forward, like every month projects can be added and is there any thing we can put some max limit as 3000?

Hi @Sudhavi_84 ,

Its App setting. You can go and click on setting than this general settings window will open scroll down than you'll see the setting for collection limit.

2000 is the last limit of collection items. But If you assume you could have more than 2000 items than try to collect first collect with first 2000 second collection with items after 2000 than you can combine and the resulting collection will have 3000-4000 items.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Sudhavi_84 ,

Please read my blog on Delegation including the ways of doing a "big collection". The one up to 4,000 may work for you presently, but over this, you will need to think about the "shadow ID" numeric column structure. Also note that there are performance penalties collecting these.

Distinct() is not Delegable, so if you are always going to want to find these in the entire list, a big collection is your only option. Depending on how many distinct items are likely to be there, you may have the option of maintaining a self-populating reference list (which I do) and tests every time a new record is created if the value is there (and adds if not), which I then use for dropdowns.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,918)