cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fotord
Frequent Visitor

Distribute horizontal/vertical, problem with dot as decimal separator

I am editing my powerapps from powerapps.com and my language is set to Swedish by default. 

When i am trying to distribute icons vertically or horizontally it initially seems to work but one nanosecond later there is a problem with the distribution.
1.png --> 2.png

It seems that the function "distribute" use "." instead of "," as decimal separator.
This results in an error in my selected language.  
decimalplats.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you for reporting this issue, this is indeed a bug in PowerApps and I've reported it to the proper team for fixing.

For now, after you execute the "Distribuera vågrätt" / "Distribute horizontally" action you can manually select the X property of the controls that show a red X and replace the '.' by a ',' in the formula bar.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fotord,

Do you use ',' (comma) as decimal separator on your region?

The Decimal separator character in PowerApps is dependent on the language. Some regions of the world use "." as a decimal separator while others use ",".

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/global-apps

When using PowerApps Studio for web (web experience), the language used is provided by the browser. Most browser default to the host operating system's setting with some also providing a way to set the language manually.

Please check if you have set the language of your browser to Swedish. Also please take a try to set the language to Swedish for your host operating system.

Please take a try to set the X property of the Icon control to following:

280,5   /* <-- instead of 280.5 */

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you for reporting this issue, this is indeed a bug in PowerApps and I've reported it to the proper team for fixing.

For now, after you execute the "Distribuera vågrätt" / "Distribute horizontally" action you can manually select the X property of the controls that show a red X and replace the '.' by a ',' in the formula bar.

View solution in original post

Thank you both for the answers!
I actually changed the dot for the comma as soon as i noticed it. 🙂

Before i just thought it was strange behaviour and left the feature alone, but when i had "X" selected in the dropdown i saw the dot and the pale decimal and figured it was an easy programming error. Then i reported it.  

Give my love to the powerapps-team btw, they have really made my life so much easier at work! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,331)