Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorinda
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Dive Report not creating entry or PDF conversion for certain users

@RandyHayes 

Since you have helped me out so much here is another weird one i am dealing with 🙂

I have a power app that request Dive Service for our company, it is open to all employees, however when i test I can submit the form and create a PDF just like it is supposed to.

However the stakeholder when they go in and fill out the form and submit it, the data is not saved to the SharePoint list but the Power Automate does create an EMPTY PDF, which makes sense since the information is not saving to the list.

I cannot figure out why it is working for certain people but not others.  The app and the list are open to all employees

This is what is on the submit button in the app

'createpdf-DiveRequest'.Run(HtmlText1.HtmlText,
"Dive Service Request Form - " & Form1.LastSubmit.RequestedBy.DisplayName & Now());
Navigate('Thank you');
ResetForm(Form1)

15 REPLIES 15
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Dorinda 

The method I presented is what you should have.  The current way is never going to give you any indication of the problem (plus it is not good practice to perform successful actions without knowing there is a success).

The OnSuccess action is exactly what you need to get working.

The bigger concern is that if you have a SubmitForm(Form1) in the button and nothing is submitting, then regardless of all the other things...that should work - pass or fail.

Are you stating that if you have just a SubmitForm(Form1) and you click on the button with that formula that nothing happens?  And by "nothing" I mean that nothing is submitted to the list?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Dorinda
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Ok it is working now for ME, and the submit worked and the PDF was created, I will have her test now and see if it created for her a record and a pdf

Dorinda
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Ok so here is the scenario that we encountered. Including me when I tested.  It went right to the failure screen and didnt even attempt to submit the record.  I removed the failure screen and both of us resubmitted and it created the record and the pdf.  I have not had the stake holder check yet but one of my team did the other submit.  I dont understand what would call the form to go to the failure screen.  Progress just not there yet.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Dorinda 

Well, adding a new screen will not cause a form to fail to submit, so that is not an issue.

I would remove all of the OnSuccess and OnFailure for the moment and simply work with SubmitForm(Form1) in your button OnSelect action.  

Proceed as follows:

Test 1 - SubmitForm submits properly all data and information into the list. 

Test 2 - Add the navigate(FailureScreen) back into the OnFailure.  Submit again - results?

Test 3 - Add the OnSuccess formula for the flow run, reset and navigate. Submit again - results?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Dorinda
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You came through once again!!

Works like a charm!

Now to figure out how to fix the issue i PM'd you about 😞

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Dorinda 

Good to hear.  I'll check my PM's (I'm always WAY behind on reading them)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,500)