cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need powerapps licence to use Sharepoint form customized from powerapps ?

Hi, 

I would like to know, If i customized a SharePoint List using powerapps, to use it , do the users need powerapps licence to use it?

Currently, we have the NGO plan E2 

Osmand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Do we need powerapps licence to use Sharepoint form customized from powerapps ?

@OsmandFernando 

Hmmmm... it looks like Office 365 for Non Profits E2 is no longer available.  My advice is to speak with the vendor who sold your company the licenses.  They will be able to tell you exactly what licensing you have for PowerApps.  If you do not currently have access it is possible they might be able to switch you to a current plan at close to the same cost.

Sorry that I couldn't been more help on this one.  I've been tracking your progress on the forum and can tell you are excited to get the app you built deployed.  Good luck to you sir!

Link to Compare Office 365

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/nonprofit/office-365-nonprofit-plans-and-pricing?activ...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Do we need powerapps licence to use Sharepoint form customized from powerapps ?

@OsmandFernando 

No, the users need only a SharePoint license.  There are no additional costs when using a SharePoint list other than the cost of SharePoint itself. This is what is called a "seeded" PowerApp/

Here's an article that I used to help clarify when the licensing changes occurred.

https://collab365.community/powerapps-licence-changes-in-terms-that-matt-weston-understands/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi  , 

Thank you so much for your reply. The thing is users can not open the form. When they click the New in the SharePoint List, they are getting the following message,

Then when I try with one user to customize the list using the powerapps option it gave us the following window,

I did the customization because I registered to free trail

Osmand

Powerapps1.PNG

Powerapps2.PNG

@mdevaney

Super User
Super User

@OsmandFernando 

Hmmmm... it looks like Office 365 for Non Profits E2 is no longer available.  My advice is to speak with the vendor who sold your company the licenses.  They will be able to tell you exactly what licensing you have for PowerApps.  If you do not currently have access it is possible they might be able to switch you to a current plan at close to the same cost.

Sorry that I couldn't been more help on this one.  I've been tracking your progress on the forum and can tell you are excited to get the app you built deployed.  Good luck to you sir!

Link to Compare Office 365

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/nonprofit/office-365-nonprofit-plans-and-pricing?activ...

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Platform 24

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,287)