Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamPo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Document Management Advise

Hi,

I have a canvas app to manage projects. I have a projects table and document table in Azure SQL, each project has multiple documents. Currently the documents table in SQL is only storing the ID of the document. The document itself is being stored on SharePoint then I'm using a lookup to pull the correct documents in the app.

The issue is I have multiple places in the app where I need to pull a gallery or selection of images with specific filters and no matter what I try I always hit delegation issues when building the lookup query to SharePoint. For now this is okay but soon the number of documents will be greater than 2000 and then it will cause issues when files are not loaded.

I've been trying to think about the best way to solve this but there seems to be many conflicting opinions. Should I just store all the document files in SQL and use the app to upload & manage directly, will this work the same way it does today with SP? Is there anyway to get a 'SP-style' management of the docs if they are stored in SQL? Should I leave the files in SP and then use flow to sync them to SQL?

Looking for advise here on which direction to go.

Thanks

Sam

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,559)