cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
marcro97
Level: Powered On

Does Delegation affect writing on SP list?

Or does it affect only reading rows/columns without any problem during the creation of new rows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Does Delegation affect writing on SP list?

Hi!

Delegation should only affect reading, not writing, unless you are trying to write to more records than the delegable limit (and your method of reading the records is non-delegable).

Generally speaking:
When you are patching a new item, you patch a single record, regardless of database size, so no issues there.

When you are editing an item, you are doing a LookUp against a single entry, and LookUp is delegable.

The problem would come in if you have more than 2k records and you tried to do a ForAll which would then stop at your delegable limit (also please don't ever do this, there is always a better way!)

Is there a particular issue you are facing when patching new items or was this a generic question?

Thanks,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi!

Delegation should only affect reading, not writing, unless you are trying to write to more records than the delegable limit (and your method of reading the records is non-delegable).

Generally speaking:
When you are patching a new item, you patch a single record, regardless of database size, so no issues there.

When you are editing an item, you are doing a LookUp against a single entry, and LookUp is delegable.

The problem would come in if you have more than 2k records and you tried to do a ForAll which would then stop at your delegable limit (also please don't ever do this, there is always a better way!)

Is there a particular issue you are facing when patching new items or was this a generic question?

Thanks,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

marcro97
Level: Powered On

I think you replied to my question: I'm not facing any trouble, but I have to be sure that I can add how many rows I want to a list which contains data used only for statistics, and not to be reprocessed or re-read by my app

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,468)