cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diamonddedo
Frequent Visitor

Does List box supports table or collection as default

Hi ! Thanks for reading my question.

I was wondering if we were able to set a collection or a table as default values for the list box component.

Whenever I'm setting my collection in the default property, it asks me for a Text value instead of Table value

I've tried to put a text value from my collection, but it's the same, I'm assuming that It won't take collection as default, or I'm doing something wrong, I need to display multiple selection as Default when loading my page with a specific item data

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

The list box acts like a Dropdown, so it takes text and not a table.

For a Table or a collection, you can consider either a Combobox or a Gallery if that would be fine in your scenario.

List Box control in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

The list box acts like a Dropdown, so it takes text and not a table.

For a Table or a collection, you can consider either a Combobox or a Gallery if that would be fine in your scenario.

List Box control in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

Diamonddedo
Frequent Visitor

I thought that since that it can return a table as the value of SelectedItems, in the case you allow multiple selection, that you could simply pass another collection / table as default.

I'm going to need to do some changes ha ha, thanks for you answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (4,013)