cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diamonddedo
Frequent Visitor

Does List box supports table or collection as default

Hi ! Thanks for reading my question.

I was wondering if we were able to set a collection or a table as default values for the list box component.

Whenever I'm setting my collection in the default property, it asks me for a Text value instead of Table value

I've tried to put a text value from my collection, but it's the same, I'm assuming that It won't take collection as default, or I'm doing something wrong, I need to display multiple selection as Default when loading my page with a specific item data

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

The list box acts like a Dropdown, so it takes text and not a table.

For a Table or a collection, you can consider either a Combobox or a Gallery if that would be fine in your scenario.

List Box control in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

The list box acts like a Dropdown, so it takes text and not a table.

For a Table or a collection, you can consider either a Combobox or a Gallery if that would be fine in your scenario.

List Box control in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

Diamonddedo
Frequent Visitor

I thought that since that it can return a table as the value of SelectedItems, in the case you allow multiple selection, that you could simply pass another collection / table as default.

I'm going to need to do some changes ha ha, thanks for you answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,637)