cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Does Power Apps accessed from Power Apps mobile application support Offline mode

I want to develop a Power App which support offline mode, so users can open the power app >> go to the down floor where there is not internet connection >> fill out the form >> take some pictures from his/her mobile device >> once there is internet connection the item got saved to SharePoint. Now i am reading this article which talk about Offline mode in power apps @ Develop offline-capable canvas apps .. where the link mentioned the following note:-

johnjohn123_0-1635276411365.png

so i am a bit confused on what does Power Apps Mobile exactly means? Does it refer to the Power Apps we can accessed from our  "Power Apps" mobile application we can install inside our smart phones? or it means that the Power App itself need to be available inside Apple store or Google Play as a mobile app?

Second question, if we customize a list form using Power app >> then we access the power app (the customized list form) using a web browser inside the mobile or PC then this power app can not support offline mode.. is this correct?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 - Yes, that's correct. Specifically, any app that you open from the "Power Apps" app in your screenshot can access the SaveData/LoadData functions, which enable you to save/load data to the local device whilst offline.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @johnjohn123 

For clarification, Power Apps Mobile means the mobile player that you can install under Android and iOS. Any app that you open through this will be offline capable.

You are correct that customised list forms are not available offline.

johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@timl i am still confused.. now using our PC >> we develop a canvas Power App >> save it then Publish it >> then inside my IPhone mobile i already have this "Power Apps" application installed as follow:-

IMG_4431.jpg

so if i access my power app using the above "Power Apps" mobile application, then this application can support offline mode? am i correct?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Two clarifications to add.  You must start the app while you are online.  Once the app is running you can take your mobile device offline and the app will continue to run.  It should also be pointed out that apps need to be designed to run while offline.  You can't just run any app created in Power Apps offline on a Mobile client.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
timl
Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 - Yes, that's correct. Specifically, any app that you open from the "Power Apps" app in your screenshot can access the SaveData/LoadData functions, which enable you to save/load data to the local device whilst offline.

View solution in original post

@Pstork1  yes i know that i need to develop the app to support offline mode, and it will not support offline mode out of the box.. i already read this link carefully https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps#:~:text=Build%20Offline%20.... but my question is what does Power Apps Mobile exactly mean? if i have the "Power Apps" application installed inside my Iphone and i accessed the Power app using this mobile application >> then i am using Power apps Mobile?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

@johnjohn123 Just wanted to make sure you noticed that in the article.  A lot of people gloss over it.  And yes, if an app is designed for Offline it can be used in either a PC or a mobile (IOS or Android) system.  But only the IOS or Android App players support the offline mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
timl
Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 - A brief comment I would also add is that the mobile player can also open model driven apps.

It's possible to configure a model driven app to work offline by modifying a few settings. Therefore if you're using Dataverse, it's possible to build an offline capable app with significantly less effort, compared to a canvas app.

johnjohn123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@timl  i am using SharePoint not Dataverse..

@Pstork1  thanks for the reply .. what do you exactly mean by `if an app is designed for Offline it can be used in either a PC or a mobile (IOS or Android) system` ?? i do not think offline mode is available in PC .. this what the note is saying:-

johnjohn123_0-1635279183185.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,338)