cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123 Helper II
Helper II

Does PowerApp support sharepoint Multiple line of text + Multiple line of text with "Append Changes to Existing Text "

I am working on a custom list inside SharePoint, and the list has the following field types:-

1) Multiple line of text

2) Multiple line of text with "Append Changes to Existing Text "

and i customized the list create form using power app, but i realize that the above 2 field types will be rendered as single line of text, instead of been a multiple line of text. is there a way to modify this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Does PowerApp support sharepoint Multiple line of text + Multiple line of text with "Append Changes to Existing Text "

@johnjohn123 

The property name is Mode, you should use this code.

TextMode.MultiLine

Then set the Text property to whatever text you want to display

ThisItem.your_column_name

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Does PowerApp support sharepoint Multiple line of text + Multiple line of text with "Append Changes to Existing Text "

@johnjohn123 

There are 3 options for displaying text in a Text Input control:

• Single-line
  • Mutli-line
  • Password

Have you tried using Multi-line in DisplayMode = View to display the text?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

johnjohn123 Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the reply, but i did not find where i need to change this property?

second point, my SharePoint field allow to add tables and images as it is of type Rich Text.. so does power app support adding images? and will the images got saved inside sharepoint?

Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

The property name is Mode, you should use this code.

TextMode.MultiLine

Then set the Text property to whatever text you want to display

ThisItem.your_column_name

---

View solution in original post

johnjohn123 Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the reply, but i am not sure why i need to set the property as View, as i am customizing the create form ... so i think i should not use

DisplayMode.View

is this correct?

Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123
You are correct... I have revised my original answer. DisplayMode.View is not needed.

johnjohn123 Helper II
Helper II

ok thanks, but when i add some multi-line of text >> save he item >> and edit it again >> the multiline of test will show HTML inside the field... now the field type inside sharepoint is RichText.. so any advice if i can fix this issue? or powerapp does not support RichText at this stage?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,088)