cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Does PowerApps support multi languages when offline?

Hello,

I am trying to create an app for different regions in this world but when the app is offline, would it still support the multi language feature for users to use?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Does PowerApps support multi languages when offline?

Hi

If you talking about using MS.Translator, definitely it has to be online.

Just sharing, when I was using Bing Translator in Project Siena (the version before PowerApps), it must be connected to Internet to translate, or even audio reading. (for Audio Books).

When PA mentions about offline mode, it is more on when the App is not linked to any Cloud storage data.

Hope this helps.

TQ

hpkeong
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

So if I have a global app and it supports multi language. 
How do I capture data when app is offline and user cant read the screen? Or is there a mechanism where we can set our app to support multi languages when offline?

Or is offline only capbale of storing data and no other feature 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SaimaRasheed,

While offline, PowerApps studio language will always default to Locale picked up by your Windows settings. That is saying that you can only change the language with the web version which can be configured to use alternate languages (by changing the borwoser settings or editing the url).

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

when I change my OS language from English to Spanish and then go offline and try to use my app. Some of my buttons and texts disappear. It works fine in English offline but how do I fix this issue to use my app globally?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Offline/online will make no difference. Switching runtime locales however may well break the conversions between numbers and strings, depending on the underlying formulas used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,767)