cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaiChicken
Advocate I
Advocate I

Does a guest user require power automate plan?

Hi everyone,

I don't have another friend to test with me but wondering does a guest user of me requires power automate plan as well?

Best,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The Office 365 "seeded" Power App license includes licensing that covers Power Automate when used in the same context as the Power App. So there is Power Automate licensing that is included with the Power App licensing.  The same applies to the Per User license.  Having said that.  The guest user will need appropriate licensing to cover whatever they are doing.  If the app and flow you write could be created by an internal user using the "seeded" licenses, then that is all the Guest user will need as well.  But if your app requires the Per User license, then the Guest User will need a Per User license as well.  That license can be one you give them or one they have through their own tenant.  Being a Guest user doesn't change the licensing requirement.  They need the same licensing that a regular internal user would need.  The question really is does your app and flow require a per User/per App premium license or would a standard "seeded" license be enough.  Without knowing more about your app and flow we can't really tell you that.  In general the safe course is to assume that a Guest user needs the same licensing as you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@CaiChicken
No, the guest user works the same way as a normal user. A PowerAutomate plan is only required to use premium connectors.

(This is the PowerApps forums by the way)

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for reply,

According to Automate Pricing, there is no free plan for automate so far. 
I built an app with power automate to send out emails/approval.

I myself have the Power App plan and Power Automate "Per user plan", 

Guest user requires only Power App plan right? 

App BuilderGuest User
Power App LicenseRequiredRequired
Power Automate LicenseRequiredNot Required

https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

@CaiChicken
You might want to consider asking this question in the Power Automate Community. As I said before, this is the PowerApps Community.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Automate/ct-p/FL_GeneralDiscussions

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The Office 365 "seeded" Power App license includes licensing that covers Power Automate when used in the same context as the Power App. So there is Power Automate licensing that is included with the Power App licensing.  The same applies to the Per User license.  Having said that.  The guest user will need appropriate licensing to cover whatever they are doing.  If the app and flow you write could be created by an internal user using the "seeded" licenses, then that is all the Guest user will need as well.  But if your app requires the Per User license, then the Guest User will need a Per User license as well.  That license can be one you give them or one they have through their own tenant.  Being a Guest user doesn't change the licensing requirement.  They need the same licensing that a regular internal user would need.  The question really is does your app and flow require a per User/per App premium license or would a standard "seeded" license be enough.  Without knowing more about your app and flow we can't really tell you that.  In general the safe course is to assume that a Guest user needs the same licensing as you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,587)