cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Does anyone have a timeline on when a SharePoint list will support IN and the SEARCH function?

I am working on a solution that needs to allow me to filter a SharePoint list if any of the selected IDs exist in a multi-choice column and also need to be able to search for a keyword within a text column so as to only show results that contain a keyword. Really hoping something new was announced at Ignite.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Does anyone have a timeline on when a SharePoint list will support IN and the SEARCH function?

@pwrappr01 

Unfortunately, I went to several PowerApps sessions at Ignite and but I did hear about any plans to improve delegation in SharePoint.

I too have a desire to see SharePoint delegation improvements but what I am most anxious to see happen is Dates.  It would make life so much easier if I could do a simple filter on dates rather than use a workaround.

Suggest you go make your voice heard on the Ideas page by voting for an existing idea or starting a new one yourself.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/PowerApps-Sharepoint-Delegation/idi-p/44950

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Does anyone have a timeline on when a SharePoint list will support IN and the SEARCH function?

@mdevaney, thanks for the update. I know you've helped me before, so any brilliant workarounds that would allow me to filter a SharePoint list if a particular ID from one list is IN a that contains a series of IDs retrieved via a Lookup column?

As an example, I have a list called Categories with the following sample items:

Item
On-site
Private

I am pulling those list items into a multi-select column called Categories in a SP list called Events that could appear as follows:

EventCategories
Planning ConferenceOn-site;Private
Training EventPrivate
WebinarOnline

Obviously, behind the scenes, the categories are the item IDs when pulled into Power Apps. I need to be able to filter the list to show all list items that contain a particular category. In this case, I would want to filter to Private and have only "Planning Conference" and "Training Event" populate.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@pwrappr01 

I would like to ask for the following clarification: is the Categories column in your events list a "Lookup" type columns that allows multiple selections?

(You've put together a very concise description of the problem.  This will make it easier for me to look into).

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@mdevaney, it is indeed typed as a LOOKUP with multi-choice in SharePoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,517)