cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112IG Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Doing Calculations and Patching SharePoint List

I have a SharePoint List

In Power Apps I have a Gallery that was blank and I have added fields to it including "Spread Margin"

I added an Edit Form tied to the selected item in the gallery

In the Edit form I ask three questions:

Bill Rate, Pay Rate, Burden

I have tried multiple ways... but what I want to do is use those three fields to calculate the spreads margin.  Which would then be saved in SP List and the value reflected on the card in the gallery.

I have tried doing the calculation on the Spread Margin Field itself

I have tried doing it OnChange/OnSelect of the Billrate/Payrate/Burden fields

Tried using Variables and ClearCollect on the save button...

Anyway, the closest I have come is I can get it to reflect in the edit form as changes are made.  But when I try to submit the form and clearcollect the gallery the change is not shown on the card.

My question is what is the best way to do calculations from multiple fields and save those so the gallery shows the latest?

Thanks,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Continued Contributor

Re: Doing Calculations and Patching SharePoint List

Thanks for this.  Not sure what I did but it is working now?  I made a million changes yesterday trying to get it to work.

I am using this:

ThisItem.'Spread Margin'*100 & "%" in the gallery.

I'm not doing any refresh()?  Will look at that... just submit form and then clearcollect

Thanks!

Terry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Mattw112IG 

Firstly, when you do this " ... closest I have come is I can get it to reflect in the edit form as changes are made. But when I try to submit the form ..." is Spread Margin calc getting added to your SP List?

Secondly, is there somewhere in you code, after Form Submit, where you use Refresh(yourSPList)?

If the above is all getting done, what is the Items property of the Spread Margin in your Gallery? I assume ThisItem.'Spread Margin', or similar?

Lastly, is Spread Margin a field in your main SP List or is it part of a different list?

Highlighted
Continued Contributor

Thanks for this.  Not sure what I did but it is working now?  I made a million changes yesterday trying to get it to work.

I am using this:

ThisItem.'Spread Margin'*100 & "%" in the gallery.

I'm not doing any refresh()?  Will look at that... just submit form and then clearcollect

Thanks!

Terry

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,052)