cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Download Function Blocked By Browser

I have created a Powerapp where i have a button to download a file from SharePoint library. To achieve this, i am using PowerApp's Download function on Button's "On Select" property.

When i only call download function inside 'onselect' property of button it works perfectly and downloads my file instantly.

But, when i call a MS Flow and Download function together inside 'onselect' property of button, the browser blocks my file and i have to unblock it manually to download it.
Note: My flow call approximately takes 5-6 seconds to process, post then download function is being called.
Example: MyFlow.Run(); 

Anybody has any idea why my file is blocked by browser in second scenario.

Thanks in advance! 
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Download Function Blocked By Browser

Hi @sakshamgupta01 ,

I made a test on my side, but cannot reproduce the issue you mentioned. The download function is not blocked.

Blocking may be the protection mechanism of the browser, please check the browser security setting, try another browser to see if the issue is fixed.

If there is no relationship between the download link and the flow output, how about moving the Download in front of Flow.Run function?

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

My download function is dependent on flow's output as I am getting the URL from flow's output and then passing it to Download function. so can't put it before flow run.

Also, I checked the browser settings, it is same for both the scenarios. Even tried it on multiple browsers, but same behavior on all of them.

Thanks

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

To reproduce the issue, please try to add a delay of 5 seconds in your flow and return the URL from it. Then consume that URL in PowerApps in download function. you'll be able to reproduce it then.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sakshamgupta01 ,

Could you please share the detailed flow steps and canvas app configuration. What is the 5-second delay for?

Please check my test, it still works fine on my side.

GIF_66.gif

Sik

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

In my case, the flow takes approximately 5 seconds to upload the file to SP and return the URL. Actually,  I am calling a HTTP azure function from flow to upload the file. So, all that processing takes 5 seconds.

To troubleshoot the issue, I created a dummy flow and powerapp where I removed the azure call and simply added a 5 second delay in my flow, but that too is not working (which is working fine for you). I wonder if I am doing anything incorrect.

Screenshots attached.  

Thanks

Saksham

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,495)