Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
German_Chris
Helper I
Helper I

Download()-Function -> Sharepoint Attachment File (PDF) on Mobile

Thanks for reading my question.

I have a Canvas App. In this App I have a Button to download a file, which is a attachment in a Sharepoint list.
I use the DOWNLOAD()-Function
SharepointDownload.png
In Windows it works fine, it opens a new Browser-Window (Edge) an shows the PDF.

But in the Mobile-App (on Iphone) nothing happens.
I can see that the App is loading data, but the I'm not prompted for a location to save the file as discribed in this link Download function in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

What is the Problem?

2 REPLIES 2
BrianS
Super User
Super User

I think this may be the issue:

"When used on the web, Download is dependent on the browser's settings"

You may be able to use the Launch function, but you may run into the same issue if the mobile device does not have an app to deal with PDF files.

@BrianS thanks for you answer.
Both, Download() and Launch() do not their job. 
I thought it would open a dialog to save the file as described in the link.
"In native players (Windows, Android, and iOS), the user is prompted for a location to save the file."

I think there must be some security problems. I send the link by mail to my IPhone and tried to open it.
This launches the Office-App, but a Error Massage appers (translated from german):
Account not set up. Your organization has your account to access ..... unfurnished. Contact your IT administrator for help.

(All that's missing is  "Good luck!" 😉 )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,587)