cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver II
Resolver II

Download Multiple Documents from Gallery Using Select All or Selecting Multiple checkbox

Is it possible to download multiple files within the gallery, in my case i have gallery which has a document library from Sharepoint.

And i have added the checkbox controller to the gallery which are "Select All" for Multiple files(10+ or more) and Select the files which are needed(2 or 3 out of 10), so that when needed user can select the multiple documents using checkbox and download in zip file or normal download but How can this be accomplished? However i can dowload or launch the single file at a time.

Thanks in advance and Appreciated !

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nikhil2,

Could you please share a bit more about your PowerApps app's configuration?

Do you want to download multiple files once time within the Gallery control of your PowerApps app?

If you want to download multiple files once time within the Gallery control of your PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

We could only download one file once time within PowerApps currently, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:11.JPG

The OnSelect property of the Download button control set to following formula:

Download(Substitute(First(Split(First(Filter(Gallery1.AllItems,Checkbox1.Value=true)).'{Link}',"?")).Result,"%20"," "))

If you want to dowload or launch the single file at a time, please take a try to set OnSelect property of the Download button to following formula:

Download(Substitute(First(Split(First(Filter(Gallery1.AllItems,Checkbox1.Value=true)).'{Link}',"?")).Result,"%20"," "));Launch(First(Filter(Gallery1.AllItems,Checkbox1.Value=true)).'{Link}')

More details about Download function and Launch function, please check the following article:

Download and Launch function

Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Download-file-button/td-p/8491

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Do you want to download multiple files once time within the Gallery control of your PowerApps app?

-Yes

Please find below screen shot of the current scenario. If you see the gallery it holds the select option, What i need is when user selectes the select all it has to download the documents(In this case we have 2 documents at the moment, but as many as documents are avaliable when users opts for "Select All" all files suppose to download. This first scenario). Second is assume user has the results with five documents but users wants only three documents, user selects the one's which are needed(Now 3 out of 5 selected and when user clicks on download) It should download only 3 documents out of 5.

Capture20.PNG

Thanks you and appreciated! .

Capture21.PNGCapture22.PNG

That is pretty much what i am looking for, when user commit above any one option and click on download.

1. Download all the files which are selected at once.

2. Download the files which are selected(3) at once.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nikhil2,

Could you please share a bit more about your PowerApps app's configuration?

If you want to download multiple files once time within the Gallery control of your PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

We could only download one file once time within PowerApps currently, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:11.JPG

The OnSelect property of the Download button control set to following formula:

Download(Substitute(First(Split(First(Filter(Gallery1.AllItems,Checkbox1.Value=true)).'{Link}',"?")).Result,"%20"," "))

If you want to dowload or launch the single file at a time, please take a try to set OnSelect property of the Download button to following formula:

Download(Substitute(First(Split(First(Filter(Gallery1.AllItems,Checkbox1.Value=true)).'{Link}',"?")).Result,"%20"," "));Launch(First(Filter(Gallery1.AllItems,Checkbox1.Value=true)).'{Link}')

More details about Download function and Launch function, please check the following article:

Download and Launch function

Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Download-file-button/td-p/8491

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

-Yes

Please find below screen shot of the current scenario. If you see the gallery it holds the select option, What i need is when user selectes the select all it has to download the documents(In this case we have 2 documents at the moment, but as many as documents are avaliable when users opts for "Select All" all files suppose to download. This first scenario). Second is assume user has the results with five documents but users wants only three documents, user selects the one's which are needed(Now 3 out of 5 selected and when user clicks on download) It should download only 3 documents out of 5.

Capture20.PNG

Thanks you and appreciated! .

Capture21.PNGCapture22.PNG

That is pretty much what i am looking for, when user commit above any one option and click on download.

1. Download all the files which are selected at once.

2. Download the files which are selected(3) at once.

Hey, did you solve this problem? What are the functional tools and scripts you've used?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,963)