Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanVH
Advocate II
Advocate II

Download a file from a Dataverse table

Hi everyone

What's the correct way to retrieve your files that you uploaded in a dataverse table?

I've seen people using the Download(fileurl) method. But where can I find the download url?

Thanks in advance

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
Rivius
Resolver II
Resolver II

If you're dealing with only 1 file with only one record, you can just use a Form and it'll let you download/add/view all you want for that one file through the Attachment/File card.

Download is for offline viewing and doesn't jive with both mobile AND pc (web) use.  

Multiple files are a bit more difficult and I've spent many hours getting this to behave correctly.  What I have been doing is relating an unlimited number of records to another as file attachments by using table relationships and stealing the Attachments data cards from forms to use in galleries for adding/viewing/deleting files.  I won't get into that unless you need me to ;).

Thanks @Rivius 

In my case I have multiple files. If you don't mind I really would like to know how you accomplished it with multiple files.

I already have a "file" table in my dataverse database. I relate the files with a record from another table. What is the next step to be able to show all the files that are related to that record an being able to download them.

Kind regards

Ryan

Elias-V
Advocate I
Advocate I

@RiviusHello,

I'm very curious about this solution of yours, I've been trying something similar for a while but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.

If I copy paste the datacard from an editform I can load in the titles and it will display in the same manner as in the editform, but when I click it nothing happens.

I can't find any click events or something similar so I'm really curious how you were able to hijack that functionality!

Elias-V

Ok I'll put together something and post it in a new topic probably.  I'll try to get that done today.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,623)