cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlamBaier
Level: Powered On

Download all attachments with one button

I have a SharePoint list where I can have some attachments on each row.
I'm trying to make a button that downloads all attachments from a set of filtered rows.

ForAll( RenameColumns( Filter(Document; Project.Value = 888885); "ID"; "IDdocs") ;
    Collect(colTrying1; {Value: IDdocs});;
    ForAll(  LookUp(Document; IdDocument = Last(colTrying1).Value ).attachments;
        Download(AbsoluteUri);;
        Collect(colTrying2; AbsoluteUri);;
    )
)

In this code no downloads are made (and there are files) and the colTrying2 collection always remains empty.

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Download all attachments with one button

Hi @AlamBaier ,

I will give you a process I use and see if it suits your needs. A number of my apps have a simple process of taking a photo and then using the attachment control to attach it to the SharePoint list item. All attachment images are then displayed as thumbnails in a gallery for the user to review (rather than open each one).

The process is fairly simple - firstly I will call the Attachment Control AttachPhotos and the Collection colPhotos. I have a button to refresh/initiate the view, but this could be done in other ways. So on the OnSelect of the button

ClearCollect(
    colPhotos,
    AttachPhotos.Attachments
)

this puts all the attachment details, including content into the collection colPhotos.

Now in my gallery, which has an image control, the Items are colPhotos and the Image Control Image property is

Text(ThisItem.Value)

You can also display other metadata such as the date and time the picture was taken and the file name.

Does this address what you are trying to do?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,431)