cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechUser2
Frequent Visitor

Download base64 image (Save image)

Hello All,

I have a problem and I am unable to find any solution to this.

I use standard PowerApps control (AddMediaWithImage) to upload and save image as base64 in text field on one of the SharePoint column.
I am able to display the image as Image control.

One of the users would like to Save this image to his computer (usually right-click and Save Image As, or Save As). However this is not recognized as image, and therefore cannot be saved like this. I tried to use OnSelect and Download - however you need to have URL to achieve this.

My last idea is to engage PowerAutomate, and send the email with image attached to the user who clicks the image, however this is way not as expected for the end users.

Anyone has any idea how to save images kept as base64 to Hard Drive/Device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Without an on-premises data gateway I don't think you'll be able to save it to the hard drive.  But what you could do is use Power Automate to save the image to SharePoint or OneDrive and give the user a sharing link from that location.  They would then be able to use the link to download the image.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Without an on-premises data gateway I don't think you'll be able to save it to the hard drive.  But what you could do is use Power Automate to save the image to SharePoint or OneDrive and give the user a sharing link from that location.  They would then be able to use the link to download the image.

TechUser2
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for quick reply - This is another scenario I wanted to avoid - to keep the images in 2 places at the same time - but this may be the best one (better than the email) 🙂

One of the other image strategies for SharePoint is to save the image in a document library and add the URL to that image to the SharePoint list instead of the Base64 string.  Then you would have a URL you could give to the users for download.  That URL can also be used in Power Apps for the image control.

TechUser2
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! this is exactly what I did - I have reworked solution to resign from Base64, and moved into sharepoint links.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,526)